Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with a demonstrated history building scalable web applications. Skilled in Ruby on Rails, Software as a Service (SaaS), Full Stack Development, Scrum, and over a decade of experience working with remote teams. A personable developer skilled at communicating in nontechnical ways and designing elegant solutions to complex problems.
Licenses & Certifications
Amazon Web Service Cloud Practitioner
Senior Software Engineer
Powerschool Group (formerly Haiku Learning), Goshen, Indiana
November 2009 - present
- Design and develop features for the Powerschool Learning Platform and its over two million users. Particularly focused on Standards Based Grading, Rubrics, and third party integrations.
- Build and implement Object Oriented Rest API Clients for importing customer data from and exporting student grade and attendance data back into third-party student information systems.
- Create virtual machine infrastructure and deployment plan using Vagrant, Virtual Box, and CentOS to reduce development environment setup time from several days to under an hour.
- Ensure fast response time metrics using efficient design and code optimization.
Information Technology Specialist
Parkland Plastics, Middlebury, Indiana
October 2005 - November 2009
- Maintained Infor Visual Manufacturing ERP Software running on a Windows 2003 Server with Microsoft SqlServer; used to manage entire business from manufacturing to billing and sales.
- Developed reports for for all departments using SqlServer, Microsoft Access, SQL, and Crystal Reports to support better forecasting and to automate manual tasks.
- Maintained company IT infrastructure and developed a plan for future systems improvements.
- Provided support and training to colleagues on all computer based work.